This problem only seems to pop up under very specific circumstances, namely, when extending UIComponent as the the document class. However, after scratching my head at this for a while I figured I'd post it just in case somebody sees something similar.
It's also unusual to see Flash player behaving differently on different platforms.
Downgrading from the notorious Vista to Windows XP on my new Asus laptop was a bit painful. Hopefully these notes will help some one in a similar situation!
It's been quite a while since the last post and a lot has happened since then. Here's a quick update of what's gone down the past six weeks.
A Dilbert comic hit a little close to home so one of my clients forwarded it. Check it out after the link.
Constellation is being used to visualize the structure of a wiki website for the EPA's Environmental Information Symposium. Read on for more info and a link.
How many times have you registered as a new user at a website? It doesn't take long before you're memorizing passwords for a ton of sites. That is, if you haven't already given up and started using the taboo one-password-to-rule-them-all method. Here's one way of dealing with the mess...
When Kinko's wanted to charge me to layout eight business cards on a page I checked if anybody had a template online. I couldn't find one so I've posted my home-grown template here.
Hey! The finalists for Flashforward 2007 are out and, as expected, there's a lot of brilliant work out there! It's great to have competitions like these... so inspiring! Anyway, here are a couple of my favourites:
I just finished porting Matt Shaw's XML-RPC for Actionscript 2.0 code to AS3. This is a really easy way to get Flash to transfer data with an XML-RPC endpoint. Matt did a great job and the conversion wasn't too difficult.
Here's some sample code to show you how to use it.
I gave my two weeks' notice and on the last day on the job, the timesheet software gave me an amusing farewell.